Within Bristol’s Museums, Galleries & Archives there is a wide variety of opportunities to volunteer, depending on your interests and skills:
• Helping to maintain and operate the working exhibits on the Harbourside
• Assisting curatorial staff with cataloguing and documentation
• Assisting museum staff at special events within the museum
• Helping the Museums Service directly with mailings and private view receptions and other non- specialist activities
To find out more about current volunteering vacancies at the museum, and to make contact with their volunteer co-ordination team, please see the museum’s volunteering page, by clicking here.
Within our own organization practical help is often required in the following areas:
• Staffing stalls at our book sales or the Christmas Fair
• Making cakes for fundraising events
• Serving coffee and tea or wine and soft drinks at fundraising events
• Helping to mail out our quarterly newsletter (collating and stuffing into envelopes)
We are always looking for new volunteers so if you would like to help, please email us via our contact us page by clicking here.